- We can create a client using the transaction
SCC4. Mention the client name with the appropriate selection.
- To Copy a client
- A local client copy copies between clients within the same
- A remote client copy allows you to copy between clients in different
SAPSystems.You can use a remote client copy to, for example, transport client-dependent as well client-independent Customizing data between SAPSystems.
- A remote client copy proceeds in the same way as a local copy, but sends the data through a remote function call (RFC) connection to the target client.
- A remote client copy is easy to use, and does not require file system space on operating system level.
- The limitations of a remote client copy are as follows:
ü A remote client copy does not create a file at operating system level, so there is no "hard copy" of the client to be copied. Therefore, the same, identical client copy cannot be duplicated at a later date.
- To delete a client from within
- Log on to the client to be deleted.
- Use the menu option use Transaction code
SCC5 or from the SAPSystem initial screen choose Tools _ Administration _ Administration _ Client admin _ Special functions _ Delete client.
- Start the deletion of the client, preferably using background processing.
- When you delete a client entry from table T000 with client maintenance (Transaction
SCC4), you can no longer log on to the client or update it using change requests. The deletion process, however, does not eliminate the data belong to the client. This means the client-dependent data remains in your SAPSystem, occupying space in the database. Therefore, to eliminate an SAPclient entirely, that is, to delete both the client and the client-dependent data, use the client delete functionality (Transaction SCC5).
- Deleting a client entry with client maintenance (Transaction
SCC4) allows you to temporarily lock the client. The deletion procedure preserves the data for the client but prevents users from logging on to the client or accessing the data belonging to the client. To restore the client and allow logon, recreate the client entry using client maintenance.
- The amount of time required for the deletion of a client can be reduced by performing the deletion using parallel processes.